The Mechanical Engineer is responsible for developing specific product ranges of high-quality VR related Accessories from concept to production. These products will be for use with some of the world’s leading VR brands. He or she should possess the following core competencies:
- Design and specification of high-quality finishing, plastic, metal and fabric materials.
- Problem solving and product trouble shooting
- Good inter-disciplinary teamwork approach
- Project related task management of supporting PJM project management
- Interface between Suppliers and internal teams
The mechanical engineer will exhibit good working knowledge of precision and high-quality wood, plastic and metal enclosure designs. They will also have significant working experience with design review and problem solving for new development consumer electronic products until 1st MP production.
- 3-5+ years working experience in related mechanical field.
- Degree/experience in Mechanical or Engineering or related disciplines
- Knowledge and practical experience in creating 3D assembly and 2D component drawings.
- Knowledge of product drawing standards and 2D/3D tools (SolidWorks preferred)
- General Mechanical Engineering technology knowledge (plastic molding, pressed/stamped parts)
- Tolerance analysis and influence into design and process, knowledge of GD&T
- General understanding of risk analysis tools – design and prototype reviews, DFMEA, DFM&A
- Prototyping, rapid development of samples, 3D printing, CNC and machining.
- Electrical wiring management skills
- Cost effective product packing and part design skills
- Skill in product quotation BOM
- Ability to use/or understands plastic mold flow analysis software
- 3+ years in consumer electronics product experience preferred.
- Experience starting a company or working at mid-stage startups.
- Experience working from both the supplier and the brand side.
- Fluency in English and Mandarin
- Willingness to travel minimum 50% and work on site with our vendors.
- Willingness to be based from Shenzhen office
Please send your CV and cover letter to: email@example.com